Hi, I'm just trying to figure out how to work with this object and the help file is really confusing to me
Firstly- can any kind soul point me toward a better resource for understanding how to use this object?
Secondly, I'm going to point out a few of my confusions with the help file, specifically in [text define]:
- "text define" maintains a text object and can name it so that other objects can find it (and later should have some, alternative, anonymous way to be found)."
- What does that second half mean? An "anonymous way to be found" sounds like an oxymoron to me.
- When i click the message box [write text-object-help.txt] that is connected to [text define -k text-help-1], I get an error in the console that reads "text-object-help.txt: write failed"
- Why should something in a help file fail like this? There's nothing apparent in the help file to explain the error. I'm running realtime Purr-Data on Manjaro's latest realtime kernel, everything is updated.
- Next to the message box [sort], there's just a comment that reads "comment"
- lol what?
- It seems like [text define] creates the text file with its third argument (e.g., [text define -k file-name-here]" However, the help patch is reading from a file called "text-object-help.txt" and when the file is opened, "text-help-1" is on the top of the window.
- Dear god, what is going on?
If anyone feels like helping me out here, I would gladly help put together a better help patch. Or maybe I'm just reading this totally incorrectly.
Thanks continually for all of your support, everyone!