my purpose is to build loop based multitrack player/sample trigger with simple GUI and BPM stretching functionality (like Ableton Live or Sony Acid)
- 9+ tracks
- 15+ samples
- fast GUI with whole song/composition visible
- global start/stop/pause/loop
- ability to place any sample to any track to any position (division 1/8 of bar)
- multiplication of samples
- automatically stretch samples to bars (key function)
- global BPM change
- reading sample info from filename (name, number of bars, bmp etc..)
Stretching - using tables, [play~] and [line~] with variable play speed based on sample length (maybe with pitch shifting to preserve sample pitch...]
GUI - dynamic canvases representing each sample - I don't need to see actual waveforms and moving canvases are really cool
Moving of samples/canvases - using "get_pos" as shown in "pd room" in "my_canvas-help.pd" with some snapping.
- Is there anything similar to build upon?
- How to load some metadata from wavs and use them further or display them as part of canvases. If filename would be for example "sample-2-95.wav" Can pd read and use in calculations string "sample" and numbers 2 and 95?
- Is there any good application with mouse moving canvases and "get_pos" messages?
Thanks for advice.