• AnnaDM

    @alexandros Hello!
    In theory, I would like to create a musical scale, where each note correspond to determinate values of my features(such as velocity, jerk or others, I am still working on it...And I need pure data for doing some trials and understand which features using).
    I acquired data with the Xsens acquisition software and I processed them with MatLab. So, right now, my data are saved in a .mat file, but it's easy to convert in a txt file. Since, I don't know very well Pure Data, I thought the txt file would be the best solution for letting to pure data to read the data!
    But, If I am wrong, it's good to know :)

    @whale-av
    Thanks for the file, I will look soon!
    As I told above, I chose to use the txt file because I supposed to be the best solution for transferring the data from matLab to PD, so also the txt creation it will depend by how I can transfer data....

    I admit that I am in the prototype phase of my project, and I am doing a lot of trials :persevere: :sweat:
    I am looking for tutorials or tips about the taking data from sensors and converting them in music, but I did not find some much stuff!

    Thanks a lot for the help!

    Anna

    posted in technical issues • read more
  • AnnaDM

    Hello lovely Community!
    I am PD newbie and this is my first topic here!
    So, I ask mercy in advance for my stupid questions :)
    Prologue:
    I am working with inertial sensors(Xsens, more precisely) and I'd like to convert in real time in sound the movement acquired by the sensors. As first step, I am doing some trial in offline, so I saved the processed data in a txt file.
    Now the question:
    How I can read the data from a txt file? I tried the example that I found in this tutorial
    Tutorial link
    Example Link
    patch image
    But I think that is a good solution if the txt file is not so big or have only few data...
    I tried to follow also the instruction reported here:
    http://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/10039/how-do-i-produce-audio-using-text-files/2
    But, again, I don't understand very well how to do...
    Someone could help me or give me some more suggestions?

    Thanks in advance :)

    P.s. Sorry, if I use the same thread for another question...Is it possible to use pure data for converting in real time data acquired by inertial sensors?
    Thanks again

    Anna

    posted in technical issues • read more
Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!