Right! heheh...i appreciate that this is probably a bit unknown territory for most users.

I was so fired up about Data structures i bowled right in and created a patch that has a bank of sliders that snap to increments (woohaa). Sorry no patch to attach for now, as its on a different machine.

I can traverse the sliders and get the values out fine, but I've reached a bit oif a brick wall as to what to do next. Eventually I want to be able to move around the sliders randomly to mix up the sequence a bit, which is a problem because the [traverse (datastructureName), next( message is linear, much like dripping values out of a list.

The way I see it, I have one, maybe two options:

1. read the values of the DS into a regualr array - this would work, but would mean having to periodically traverse the DS using [until] and a counter to write using [tabwrite] everytime a slider is updated...bit of an arse as its an extraneous step to getting at the data which, as far as I see, is right there - the Data structure

2. being as DS has its own arrays and one can read through it using [element] there it would seem is the solution, only I can work out how to put my lovely slider into each index number. (So the bank of sliders is actually an array, with each slider being an index, only i dont want to move the x value of course)

If I can sort this, I think I'll have made a useful patch that I'm sure other will find useful.

tia S