I'm happy to announce the release of vstplugin~ v0.3.0.
[vstplugin~] allows to load VST2 and VST3 plugins on Windows, macOS and Linux.
Binaries are available on Deken or here: https://git.iem.at/pd/vstplugin/releases
BTW, I've made a small tutorial video :
- better error messages when plugins fail to load (e.g. wrong CPU architecture)
- automatically scan VST3 presets
- new simplified preset management system, using named presets which are saved to standard locations (the old methods remain for power users).
vstpluginbrowser.pd: better GUI + plugins can be filtered by keyword, type, category and vendor
[open(can be called asynchronously and responds with
- preset methods can be called asynchronously and respond with messages, e.g.
[reset(can be executed asynchronously and responds with
[search_stop(method to cancel an asynchronous plugin search.
[preset_list(accept an optional plugin key argument
[info(also outputs the VST SDK version.
- experimental support for PDINSTANCE (untested)
- fixed serveral bugs in the VST3 implementation
- fix crash when calling
[midi_*(methods without plugin
- don't lock Pd when receiving events from the GUI thread if DSP is running, instead set an atomic flag and set a clock in the perform routine. This avoids dead-locks in certain plugins and also improves realtime-safety.