hi all ... im developing a funky wavetable synth thats inspired by the sequential circuits prophet 2000 from 1985. it uses the original 12 bit ROM from this synth and and a synthesis menthod called harmonic aliasing.
- all frequencies and repeat rates are related by simple integer relationships
- adaptive just intonation = infinite tuning systems
- 3 oscillators per voice
- wavetables by multiplexing oscs with waveshaped sines
- variable sample rate simulation via resampling with audiorate wavetables (BLITs)
- integrated complex numeric sequencer
- integrated delay for hardware mixer feedback loop with analog eqs
basically it includes everything i think is cool about numeric sequencing and is still really low on dsp because its all based on integers mechanics like early wavetable synths.
this synth can sound really ambient or real raw depending on the complexity of the number relationships and the waveshaping settings. eventually this is going to be a hardware synth with FPGA technology, variable sample rate per oscillator and analog eqs/filter ... just like in the 80s
harmonic aliasing is inspired by a patch by acreil: https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/6759/new-anti-aliasing-and-phase-distortion-abstractions.
mixer delay feedback loop feature:
lots of different sounds with audiorate waveshaping: